Sunday, July 29, 2007

Welcome from Dagwood

Hello, everyone, and welcome to my blog site.

I'm a 33 y/o white guy, who is happily married and a father of three four-legged kids: two cats and a greyhound.

I affectionately nick-named my wife "Blondie" when we first met, so she reciprocated and, in turn, called me "Dagwood" after the character in the "Blondie" comic strip. It fits pretty well, too, because I like to eat (a lot, actually), I go to work via an office carpool, and I am always busy with honey-do's.

My blog site will be as diverse as a "dagwood" sandwich with everything on it! From politics to religion, philosophy, history, daily rants and raves, anecdotes, marriage and family issues, crime and punishment, celebrity roasts, movies, music, cars, pets, food, and a lot more than I can fit here.

My views can best be described as "Conservative Christian." My priorities are summed up as G.F.C., which stands for "God, Family, Country." Yeah, I'm one of those "Religious Righties," but this is who I am. So, reader be forewarned.

If you disagree with my views on the surface, or are prejudicially offended by anything "Christian" or "Conservative," then my blogs may not be for you. However, I invite people of all views to read my postings with an open mind. (I figure if the liberal left can ask for an open mind, then so can I.)

By the way: I caution anyone responding to my blogs. While I invite comments, I request that such replies remain intelligent, civil and respectful. I will write with civility and without intent to offend. I expect the same from responses to my posts. Any responses containing foul or inflammatory language, defamation, defecation or even childish name-calling will be immediately deleted, and the sender blocked from any future replies. Blog or Net rage will not be tolerated.

Presumably, we are all adults here, so let's behave as such. I will not abuse the privilege of posting on this blog site, so please do not abuse the privilege of responding to posts.


In short, be respectful. I subscribe to the philosophy of the "Golden Rule," or treating others the way I wish to be treated. If you want to be respected, then please be respectful.

Thank you very much for choosing to take the time and read my blogs.


Sincerely,


Dagwood

No comments: