Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Gay doesn't mean joyful anymore

Back in the day, the term "gay" meant joyful. Today, "gay" means to be part of an activist community and a protected minority group. In my humble opinion, there is nothing joyful about today's gay movement.

Recentlhy, a same-sex marriage proposal has been passed in the Nevada Assembly. The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) voted to allow gay boys into their ranks; after years of standing their ground firmly opposed to the practice of homosexuality. And the U.S. Supreme Court has struck down both Proposition 8 in California and the federal Defense of Marriage Act of 1996.

Of course, permissive rationalists today don't call homosexuality a practice, but a biological preference, genetic orientation, and a natural lifestyle.

I find the Boy Scouts' reversal disturbing, because it means the leadership is caving on Biblically moral issues in order to save "face" with an increasingly more "tolerant" society and world view. ...And to avoid future discriminatory lawsuits.

I thought it was laughable to hear a Nevada legislator supporting the same-sex marriage bill say that it was about equality and civil rights.

Civil rights? Since when is marriage a right? Last time I checked, it is a freedom and privilege of liberty. I don't know about anyone else, but I am very tired of everything decent and Biblically moral being walked on as though nothing Judeo-Christian is sacred anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, the government declaring marriage to be open to homosexuals treads upon the religious practice of marriage, and may, in fact, violate the First Amendment forbidding government from abridging the right of the people to peacefully assemble and practice their religion.

Marriage loses its sacredness when secular government steps in and declares what it is and what it isn't.

I have nothing against homosexual people. I have a brother who is openly gay, and I would do whatever I could for him if he was in trouble and needed help. I love him. I neither fear gay people, nor do I want to deprive them of the same Constitutional rights that I enjoy.

But I draw the line with marriage. God ordained it, and He did so specifically between a man and a woman.

The homosexual lobby just cannot leave religion alone. Years ago, gays just wanted to be left alone. But now their activist lobby is pursuing to take down every sacred religious institution. It may not be long before a minister, priest or pastor is sued for refusing to marry a same-sex couple. Until then, they'll just be persecuted. But, I suppose this is all prophetic of things to come.

No comments: